Dr. Shouhed truly believes each and every patient is an extension of his own family. The success and health of his patients is more important than anything else. His compassion, combined with his meticulous approach and relentless determination to achieve a perfect operation each time, has resulted in providing the best possible outcomes for his patients. His thoroughness and gift of paying attention to every single detail has enabled him to provide outstanding results for his patients, boasting a 0% mortality rate and a 0.07% leak rate. Many of his patients come to him for corrective surgery or complex operations that are too challenging for others to undertake. His vast experience taking care of complicated cases has helped him to provide a perfect outcome the first time around.
More than his technical expertise, Dr. Shouhed understands the disease process, enabling him to educate and guide his patients through the decision-making process. Dr. Shouhed believes education is one of the most important components of each patient visits and spends the majority of each visit explaining the patient’s condition and options. The art of surgery starts with the first meeting with the patient to the long-term follow up years later. His patients love him for his honesty, explaining all the different surgical and non-surgical options and providing each patient with accurate expectations. He only operates on patients that he believes he can help and will be the first to tell a patient if surgery is not the right approach. He is extremely passionate about what he does and greatly values the privilege to care for each of his patients.
Positions and Honors
- 2017-2020 Marquis Who’s Who List
- 2017-2020 Super Doctors Rising Stars
- 2014 Resident Teaching Award—Los Angeles, Ca
- 2012 Excellence in Research Award, American College of Surgeons (ACS)—Chicago, Il
- 2011-2012 Clinical Scholars Program—Los Angeles, Ca (CSMC)
- 2004-2008 UCSD School of Medicine Regent Scholarship—La Jolla, Ca
- 2004 Phi Beta Kappa—Los Angeles, Ca
- 2004 Summa Cum Laude Graduate UCLA—Los Angeles, Ca
- 2004 Honors Program Physiological Sciences—Los Angeles, Ca
- 2004 AmeriCorps Community Service Scholarship—Los Angeles, Ca
- 1999-2003 Dean’s Honor List—Los Angeles, Ca
- 1999 Freshman Alumni Association Scholarship—Los Angeles, Ca
- 1999 Certificate of Merit Music Teaching Assoc of CA—Los Angeles, Ca